Monday, June 6, 2011

What an understatement!

What was an understatement, you ask?? My anxiety!

Years went by without realizing that I was developing some crazzzyyy anxiety. I never wanted to do anything. I didn't go out with friends, I didn't eat in restaurants, I didn't travel...... in short - I didn't do anything! My anxiety had absolutely taken over my life and it was just pathetic and depressing. It held me back from doing sooo many things - I couldn't take it anymore!

I realized that everything I was anxious about was linked together in some way. I didn't travel not only because I thought something bad was going to happen to me on the plane, but I was afraid I wouldn't be able to eat while I was away because I'm such a picky eater. I'm also a baby and was just plain afraid to leave home(how pathetic, right?)! After six years of suffering from the lame life that had been completely taken over by anxiety, I decided I needed to open up and explore new possibilities in life.

I knew I had to nip my anxiety in the @$$ or I would never get to enjoy life the way "normal"(is there really such thing as normal?) people do! In no way am I cured, but hell, I know I kicked the $h1t out of my anxiety already and I'm totally prepared to kick some more be-hind! I'll share some of my @$$ kicking experiences very soon - first up..... I know it doesn't sound like much, but FOOD! (I'm picky as hell, but I friggin' LOVE to eat!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read & absolutely love all of your comments. No matter what, they put a smile on my face :) so please keep them coming!