Thursday, July 21, 2011

fishing disaster

Okay, so I know it's been a while and I'm so sorry. I have seriously been the laziest person since I got back from Florida on Monday, but from now on I think I'll be posting regularly :)

Anyway... we had sooo much fun in Florida and we can't wait to go back - we're really thinking about moving there. While we were there, the BF and I spent a lot of time fishing. We caught a whole lot of fish, obviously we released them right away. We fished all day for the first 3 days until we were rudely interrupted by a nasty catfish. By nasty catfish, I mean a SPIKY catfish!

Catfish apparently have really sharp fins on their sides and back. And... well... the BF got stuck by one of them!


Of course I freaked out because... well... it went right through the top of his knuckle! His finger swelled up - basically it was double the normal size.

Finally, the BF's finger is now back to normal size and feeling better. We're just thankful that it wasn't a serious injury. It could've been worse... but we're so happy it wasn't.

12 comments:

  1. Wow, I'm glad the injury wasn't worse!! I love your little sketch as always! It sounds like you had a good time on your vacation despite this frightening incident. Thank you by the way, for your amazingly sweet comment on my birthday weekend post... made me smile!

    xo
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're scary! I think catfish barbs are slightly poisonous? Cant remember...doesnt matter anyways, I wont touch the things because I dont know where it's safe to grab them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm a new follower of yours and looking forward to catching up. OUCH on that fish bite!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh that is sooo scary!!! I'm so glad you guys are both ok! Sounds like a fun trip! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my. i hate taking the fish off the hook; i used to make my dad do it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OUCHHHH!! Thank goodness it's alright now! That drawing is adorable though haha. Did you draw it on Paint? I always wonder how people draw anything on computers haha. I have shaky hands..

    <3 Belly B

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ugh, fishing injuries!! The last time I went fishing my friend hook the skin next to my knee! I'm not in any hurry to do it again anytime soon (well, maybe just not with that friend)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ew! Fish attacked. How very un-fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is why I doing go fishing. Too many sharp things!

    I'm really enjoying all of the little drawings in each post. They crack me up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry about the BF's finger at least he's OKAY and he got a fishing story out of it.

    xxoo,
    Windsor
    http://eatlovebikini.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I read & absolutely love all of your comments. No matter what, they put a smile on my face :) so please keep them coming!