Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Food?: Yes, please

Who's the pickiest eater you'll ever know? - I AM! Seriously, I'm worse than a child! Ever take a look at the food pyramid (now called "my plate")? Let's just say I never ate anything in it besides candy and breads. The more chocolate I had, the happier I was. I was afraid to eat just about everything! There were very few things I would eat, but that list consisted of pizza, pasta with butter, ham and cheese sandwiches, and some chicken every once in a while.... oh and I can't forget candy! I know you're asking yourself, "how the hell did she survive?!" .... believe me, I've asked myself the same thing and I don't even know how I did it.

I desperately needed to expand my food horizons, so I made a commitment to myself to try to eat a new food everyday - and hell, it worked! Example: Never in my life did I think I would like japanese food, but guess what happened when I tried it?? I am now addicted! I could eat hibachi all day, every day for the rest of my life and be completely happy(unfortunately that's completely unhealthy!).



Looking back I say to myself, "WTF WAS I THINKING?!?" I love almost everything I try. Things I thought I would totally hate, I now can't get seem to get enough. I used to be forced to go to restaurants where I would never order anything - I would just sit there while the "normal" people enjoyed their food. Now, I can finally go out to restaurants without the fear of not being able to eat something. It's incredible! "Oh, heyy life!"

Could this possibly be the beginning of a new life for me??! .....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read & absolutely love all of your comments. No matter what, they put a smile on my face :) so please keep them coming!